Ponganalu is a common evening snack prepared in Andhra Pradesh. Generally left over dosa or idli batter is used in making these ponganalu. Today I used maida, rava and rice flour. These are combined with onion, green chilly and coriander leaves to form a thick dough and are deep fried to golden brown.
Serve these maida ponganalu with a cup of coffee or tea.
Check out my recipe for Snacks, Gunta Ponganalu and Dosa batter Punugulu.
- All purpose flour (Maida) - 3/4 th cup
- Rava / semolina - 1/4 th cup
- Rice flour- 1/4 th cup
- Large Onion- 1
- Few Coriander leaves
- Green chilly- 4 or as desired
- Sour curd - 1/2 cup
- Few Curry leaves and
- Water as needed.
- Chop the onion, green chilly, coriander leaves and the curry leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients except for water.
- Now slowly add in the water little at a time to get a slightly thick batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying. when the oil gets hot, put small droplets of the dough in the heated oil and fry till brown.
- Serve hot as is or with chutney of your choice.