{Please Note: After few failed attempts, I am manually importing all my posts from my other blog (Madhu's vantalu) to this blog. Please bare with me while i try to import some selected posts (almost 50 of them) one at a time. Only after i import all my posts, I will be closing Madhu's vantalu blog. Some of the posts are almost 6 yrs old, so i may update few of the pictures and do few changes to the writting}



Thursday, May 9, 2013

Andhra Peanut Chutney | Chutney recipe for Dosa & Idli

 
 
Peanut Chutney is a very popular chutney in my home state Andhra. Its a great side for Dosa, Idli, Upma Pessarattu and Pongal. Peanuts are rich in nutrients and have high protein content. Peanuts are a good source of niacin, which contribute to brain health and blood flow. Its my all time favourite chutney. Given all the nutritional facts I tend to make this chutney more often than the coconut chutney.  A super easy recipe which can be whipped up in no time provided you have some toasted peanuts. 

 
You can serve the Peanut Chutney with
 
Peanut Chutney Recipe:

Ingredients:
  • Roasted Peanuts - 1 cup
  • Onion- 1/4th chopped
  • Green chilly - 4
  • Ginger-1/2 inch
  • Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Tamarind pulp to taste
  • A handful of coriander leaves
  • Salt to taste                                                                                                                                                              
  •  
Tempering:
 
Add a tsp of oil, followed by 1/2 tsp each of mustard seeds, Chana dal, unread dal and cumin seeds. Fry for few seconds. Add few curry leaves and a pinch of hing ( asafatedia). Turn off the heat.

Procedure:
In a pan add two tsps of oil, when it gets hot add the onion, slit green chilly and ginger. Fry till onion gets soft. Turn off the heat.

When the mixture cools down put these ingredients, roasted peanuts, coriander leaves, tamarind pulp, salt and some water in the mixer. Grind till smooth. Finally add the tempering and serve with idli or dosa. I served it with some Instant Oatmeal Dosa.
  
 


 

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping bye. Your comments mean a lot to me....Keep them coming....!