Its a very simple recipe which can be whipped up in less than ten minutes. Ultra satisfying and always comes in handy for a quick fix meal.
- Poha (Atukulu/Avalaki) – 2 cups
- Medium onion- 1
- Peanuts about 10
- green chille- 4
- few curry leaves
- coriander leaves for garnish
- lemon juice and salt.
- In a skillet add a tablespoon of oil followed by mustard seeds. When mustard starts to dance around add the peanuts, half teaspoon each of chana dal and urad dal. When slightly brown add the green chille and curry leaves. Then add the onions, a pinch of salt, turmeric and cook till onion becomes soft.
- While the onion is cooking take the poha under the cold water and rinse it of twice. Put the poha immediately in the collander and drain the excess water.
- Once the onions are soft add the poha, followed by salt. Reduce the heat to low and cook the poha for five to seven minutes. Once done add some lemon juice and chopped coriander.