{Please Note: After few failed attempts, I am manually importing all my posts from my other blog (Madhu's vantalu) to this blog. Please bare with me while i try to import some selected posts (almost 50 of them) one at a time. Only after i import all my posts, I will be closing Madhu's vantalu blog. Some of the posts are almost 6 yrs old, so i may update few of the pictures and do few changes to the writting}



Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rasgulla Ice Cream




 I am very excited to share this recipe today.Its fun and interesting recipe because of the combination of ingredients. It's like the east meets west kind of recipe.

Sometime back one of my good friends "S" gave me a dessert recipe which uses rasgulla, vanilla ice cream and strawberry. The combination sounded very interesting, so came home and immediately tried it. To give my own touch, I added few slivered almonds and grated chocolate . It was an instant hit with my family and friends. Just imagine, what happens when our Indian pride Rasgulla meets the ever classic vanilla ice cream. It's just heaven in your mouth. 

Do try the recipe, I can guarantee you will definitely fall in love with it.




Recipe:
  • Plain Vanilla Ice cream- about 1/2 pint
  • Can of Rasgulla- 1 ( about 20 pieces)
  • 10 to 15 Strawberry's ( cut to small pieces)
  • Slivered Almonds for garnish
  • Chocolate to grate on top of the ice cream
Take out the vanilla ice cream from the freezer, leave it on the counter top for few minutes for it to
become little soft.

Meanwhile, open the can of Rasgulla, separate the Rasgulla from the syrup. Now take each Rasgulla and squeeze out all the syrup from it and crumble it. It doesn't have to be completely crumbled, few little chunks here and there is ok.

By now, the ice cream must have softened. Take a spatula and soften the ice cream. Now Slowly incorporate the Rasgulla crumbles into the ice cream. Then add the chopped strawberry's to Rasgulla ice cream mixture and mix.
Add slivered almonds and grated chocolate as a garnish on the top.
Freeze at least an hour or until you are ready to serve.
Serving instructions:  Just leave the Rasgulla ice cream on the counter top for 15 to 20 minutes before serving. That way rasgulla and the strawberry gets little soft and it's easy to scoop out.

Sending this to Amy for Cook like a Celebrity chef
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Good Luck Madhu and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yоu can ԁefinіtely ѕee
    yοuг exρertise withіn thе аrticle you wгite.
    The world hopes for even more passіonate writегs like you who аre not
    afгaid to mеntion hoω they bеlieve.
    Аlwayѕ go after уоur heart.
    Here is my webpage - hcg reviews 2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!Looks perfect & came out nicely...Thanks for sharing with Event :Cook like a Celebrity Chef

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gonna try this soon dear. thank for sharing
    Home Made Recipes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping bye. Your comments mean a lot to me....Keep them coming....!